ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collect and test water samples, employing analysis standards and testing equipment, to ensure treatment water meets or exceeds regulatory and operational standards
- Adjust equipment controls to purify and clarify water as well as process and dispose of waste
- Inspect machinery and maintain surveillance on operating conditions, gauges and meters to ensure continued efficient operations as well as detect and report/repair malfunctions
- Record daily events into operator log book
- Record and track plant and equipment operational data, including meter and gauge readings, and observe a regular schedule for maintenance and upgrades to prevent system breakdowns
- Perform minor maintenance tasks (filter changes, belt changes, lubrication, etc) using a variety of both hand tools and power tools, and identify additional required internal and external resources as necessary
- Proactively communicate with supervisors, coworkers, other employees regarding operations, plant conditions and other essential information
- Interact and supervise Contractors and Vendors when directed
- Collaborate with management to determine the best practices, equipment, upgrades and other operational aspects to ensure peak efficiency and cost effectiveness
- Accommodate varying work schedules that may include regular night and weekend/holiday coverage, and emergency call-ins as needed
- Strong Computer literacy to enter, track and trend process data.
- General site housekeeping and cleaning
JOB REQUIREMENTS (EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS)
- 12 years’ formal education (High School Graduate) or equivalent
- Previous experience in water and wastewater treatment systems
- Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds
- Experience in the use of personal computers and software applications such as Excel, Word, MS Outlook, PowerPoint, Access, etc.
- Willingly and able to work in a variety of environmental conditions to include typical cold, heat, wet, and dirty
- Evening, weekend, and holiday availability
- Ability to productively work independently and as an overall integral team member
- Must have strong communication both written and verbal skills
- Ability to handle quick changing situations under stress and to work extended hours on short notice, when required
- Ability to perform long periods of standing, reaching, bending, and overhead work
- Successfully complete pre-employment exam, including a drug/alcohol test, and background check
- And any other duties as assigned to meet the Vision, fulfill the Mission, and abide by the Values of this organization
Does this job have supervisory responsibilities? No
Direction: Receives guidance with respect to general objectives; in the majority of tasks and projects assigned, determines methods, work sequences, scheduling, and methods to achieve objectives of
assignments; operates within specific policy guidelines.
Are there non-supervisory employees who report directly to this job? No
Are there subordinate supervisors reporting to this job? No
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Comply with all Safety & Environmental policies, practices and procedures.
- Follow Company and Supervisor Training and Development Programs.
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Provide leadership to others through example and sharing of knowledge/skill.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Level of education and experience needed to successfully accomplish the essential duties of this job.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination.
Level of language (ability to read, write, and speak) needed to successfully accomplish the essential duties of this job.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Level of mathematical skills and abilities needed to successfully accomplish the essential duties of this job.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Level of reasoning skills and abilities needed to successfully accomplish the essential duties of this job.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Intermediate personal computer skills, including electronic mail, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, etc.
Handles multiple tasks simultaneously.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Licenses, certificates, or registrations that are required to perform the essential duties of this job. (CDL; current wastewater operator certification)
Valid Driver’s License.
How much on-the-job time is spent in the following physical activities?
|Using hands to finger, handle or feel||X|
|Reaching with hands and arms||X|
|Climbing or balancing||X|
|Stooping, kneeling, crouching, or crawling||X|
|Talking or hearing||X|
|Tasting or smelling||X|
|Other: Computer Work||X|
|Other: Respirator Use||X|
Does this job require that weight be lifted or force be exerted? If so, how much and how often?
|Up to 10 lbs||X|
|Up to 25 lbs||X|
|Up to 50 lbs||X|
|Up to 100 lbs.||X|
Well-lighted, heated and/or air-conditioned indoor office/production setting with adequate ventilation.
|Wet or humid conditions (non-weather)||X|
|Work near moving mechanical parts||X|
|Work in high precarious places||X|
|Fumes or airborne practices||X|
|Toxic or caustic chemicals||X|
|Outdoor weather conditions||X|
|Extreme cold (non-weather)||X|
|Extreme heat (non-weather)||X|
|Risk of electrical shock||X|
|Work with explosives||X|
|Risk of radiation||X||
How much noise is typical for the work environment of this job?
Loud (examples: metal can manufacturing department, large earth-moving equipment)
Minimal overnight travel (up to 10%) by land and/or air.
Apply for this job online here.