Longview Power - Dunkard Water Treatment Facility
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- All process analytical laboratory testing and interpretation of the results needed to implement process changes.
- Monitor the entire process via HMI and implement changes to the processes to maximize efficiency that provides water to a certain quality/specification:
- Actiflo Clarification
- Multi Media Filtration
- Pall Microfiltration
- Reverse Osmosis
- Sludge Dewatering
- Water Intake Ssytems
- Perform chemical drawdowns to optimize performance.
- Strong Computer literacy to enter, track and trend process data.
- Recording daily events into operator log book
- Operating the filter press and sludge cake removal system
- Conduct field calibrations of process control equipment and laboratory instruments
- General site housekeeping and cleaning
- Provide site security
- Powered industrial truck operation (fork truck and scissor lift)
- Snow removal and light grounds maintenance
- Receive and supervise chemical off-loading deliveries, both in bulk and tote
- Conduct and document site specific inspections (Safety, SPCC, Containment Drain logs, Daily Rounds, Winterization Checklist, etc.)
- Sample collections
- Detect and diagnose process issues in single and multi-unit processes and take remedial action to correct.
- Troubleshoot process upsets and recommend & implement corrective actions
- Interact and supervise Contractors and Vendors when directed
- Troubleshoot mechanical failures and implement corrections if possible
- Perform minor maintenance tasks (filter changes, belt changes, lubrication, thermography, RO element change outs, etc)
JOB REQUIREMENTS (EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS)
- Associates degree or equivalent experience is required.
- 2 years of water treatment experience or related field of operations and or chemical analysis.
- Experience in the use of personal computers and software applications such as Excel, Word, MS Outlook, Powerpoint, Access, etc.
- Ability to productively work independently and as an overall integral team member.
- Must have strong communication both written and verbal skills.
- Ability to handle quick changing situations under stress and to work extended hours on short notice, when required.
Does this job have supervisory responsibilities? No
Direction: Receives guidance with respect to general objectives; in the majority of tasks and projects assigned, determines methods, work sequences, scheduling, and methods to achieve objectives of
assignments; operates within specific policy guidelines.
Are there non-supervisory employees who report directly to this job? No
Are there subordinate supervisors reporting to this job? No
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Comply with all Safety & Environmental policies, practices and procedures.
- Follow Company and Supervisor Training and Development Programs.
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Provide leadership to others through example and sharing of knowledge/skill.
- Stay current on Chemistry principals, technology, and standards.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Level of education and experience needed to successfully accomplish the essential duties of this job.
Associate’s degree (A. A.) or equivalent, or technical school; or two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination.
Level of language (ability to read, write, and speak) needed to successfully accomplish the essential duties of this job.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write
simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Level of mathematical skills and abilities needed to successfully accomplish the essential duties of this job.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Level of reasoning skills and abilities needed to successfully accomplish the essential duties of this job.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Intermediate personal computer skills, including electronic mail, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, etc.
Handles multiple tasks simultaneously.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Licenses, certificates, or registrations that are required to perform the essential duties of this job.
Valid Driver’s License.
How much on-the-job time is spent in the following physical activities?
|Using hands to finger, handle or feel||X|
|Reaching with hands and arms||X|
|Climbing or balancing||X|
|Stooping, kneeling, crouching, or crawling||X|
|Talking or hearing||X|
|Tasting or smelling||X|
|Other: Computer Work||X|
|Other: Respirator Use||X|
Does this job require that weight be lifted or force be exerted? If so, how much and how often?
|Up to 10 lbs||X|
|Up to 25 lbs||X|
|Up to 50 lbs||X|
|Up to 100 lbs.||X|
Well-lighted, heated and/or air-conditioned indoor office/production setting with adequate ventilation.
|Wet or humid conditions (non-weather)||X|
|Work near moving mechanical parts||X|
|Work in high precarious places||X|
|Fumes or airborne practices||X|
|Toxic or caustic chemicals||X|
|Outdoor weather conditions||X|
|Extreme cold (non-weather)||X|
|Extreme heat (non-weather)||X|
|Risk of electrical shock||X|
|Work with explosives||X|
|Risk of radiation||X|
How much noise is typical for the work environment of this job?
Loud (examples: metal can manufacturing department, large earth-moving equipment)
Minimal overnight travel (up to 10%) by land and/or air.
Apply for this job online here.