ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Complete rotation with operations, maintenance, and material handling to gain familiarity with the plant equipment, processes, procedures and personnel.
- Work with individuals throughout the organization to identify and resolve abnormal equipment conditions.
- Provide technical guidance to Operations and Maintenance on processes, procedures, repairs and projects
- Assist in the development of projects and evaluation of proposals for material supply and installation
- Aid in the execution of projects to maintain budget and schedule compliance
- Coordinate contractors in the execution of testing and maintenance
- Responsible for participation in the following station programs / activities
- Root Cause Analysis- Participate in / lead investigations to identify casual factors and implement corrective actions
- Asset360 Issue evaluation- Monitor identified reliability and performance issues; work with station and B&V personnel to determine cause and resolution.
- Support outages- Participate in the planning and execution of outages to ensure scope, schedule, and budget are maintained
- Work with Reliability and Performance team to implement applicable PdM technologies that detect onset of undesired conditions
- Comply with the obligations of all permits including Federal, State, and Local regulations.
- Gain familiarity with applicable engineering standards.
- Maintain backlog of assigned Work Orders
- In collaboration with all plant departments, continually work toward process and procedure improvement.
- Participate in Management of Change suggestions and improvements as assigned.
- Ensure work activities comply with all applicable OSHA safety regulations and policies
- Research and develop alternative methods and technologies for monitoring and maintaining equipment
- Create Work Orders and Purchase Requisitions as applicable
- Perform all other related duties as assigned
- Uses and maintains technical and professional knowledge, shares that knowledge with others, and recognizes/ applies new technology in a cost effective manner
- Obtains and applies knowledge of competitive business practices in daily work activities and decision making
- Desire to learn, attend training, and develop professionally.
- Anticipates and accepts changes in the organization and adapts to meet the new requirements
- Willing to accept accountability for own decisions, performance, and behavior
Job Requirements (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills)
- A Bachelor’s of Science degree in applicable engineering field is required.
- 0-5 years’ experience
- Ability to interpret drawings, schematics, and trends
- Strong problem solving skills
- Experience in the following software applications beneficial
- OSIsoft PI, AutoCAD, Intertek AWARE, Maximo, Emerson Ovation, TapRoot
- Strong fundamental understanding of thermodynamics, fluid dynamics, and mechanical systems
- Extensive experience in the use of personal computers and numerous software applications such as Excel, Word, MS Outlook, Powerpoint, Access, etc.
- Ability to productively work independently and as an overall integral team member.
- Must have strong communication both written and verbal skills and the ability to effectively organize and facilitate process teams to implement facility improvements.
- Ability to handle quick changing situations under stress and to work extended hours on short notice if and when required.
Proficient personal computer skills including electronic mail, record keeping, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, etc.
Handles multiple projects simultaneously.
Prioritizes and organizes assignments.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Licenses, certificates, or registrations that are required to perform the essential duties of this job.
Valid Driver’s License
How much on-the-job time is spent in the following physical activities?
|Using hands to finger, handle or feel||X|
|Reaching with hands and arms||X|
|Climbing or balancing||X|
|Stooping, kneeling, crouching, or crawling||X|
|Talking or hearing||X|
|Tasting or smelling||X|
|Other: Respirator Use||X|
|Other: Computer Work||X|
Does this job require that weight be lifted or force be exerted? If so, how much and how often?
|Up to 10 lbs||X|
|Up to 25 lbs||X|
|Up to 50 lbs||X|
Well-lighted, heated and/or air-conditioned indoor office setting with adequate ventilation
|Wet or humid conditions (non-weather)||X|
|Work near moving mechanical parts||X|
|Work in high precarious places||X|
|Fumes or airborne practices||X|
|Toxic or caustic chemicals||X|
|Outdoor weather conditions||X|
|Extreme cold (non-weather)||X|
|Extreme heat (non-weather)||X|
|Risk of electrical shock||X|
|Work with explosives||X|
|Risk of radiation||X|
How much noise is typical for the work environment of this job?
Moderate noise (examples: business office with computers and printers, light traffic)
Minimal overnight travel (up to 10%) by land and/or air.
Apply for this job online here.