ESSSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure safe and adequate operation of all Coal, Limestone, LNG, and Ash Handling equipment.
- Walk down of all related equipment to ensure proper operations and ensure operational readiness as required.
- Report abnormalities of all equipment to the Utilities Manager and assist in generating work requests for equipment repairs.
- Isolate and de-energize related equipment per the LOTO and Specific Plant policies.
- Perform troubleshooting, documentation, and assist in problem resolution.
- Follow all Company Safety & Environmental Policies at all times.
- Ensure compliance at all times of the LOTO System, (Lock out – Tag out).
- Assist as required in ash conveying of all associated ash hoppers to silos.
- Assist in Limestone Preparation as required for the FGD and other processes.
- Assist as required in the delivery and reclaiming of fuel to the plant for bunker filling
- Reviews related operating procedures and always look for improvements.
- Represents Longview Power’s best interest at all times.
- Complete record keeping as directed by the Utilities Manager.
- Attend specific training as required and scheduled.
- Clean Plant Equipment as required and assigned.
- Maintain constant communications with other shift personnel to any potential problems that may occur in the plant ash removal, coal belts, limestone delivery and/or other items that may in any way affect the safe and efficient operations of the facility.
- Perform PM, PDM, and CM activities and other duties as assigned by the CMMS program.
- Perform general carpentry, welding, mechanical repair, concrete work, painting, and material preservation.
- Inspects, operates and maintains all rolling stock equipment as assigned to include Front End Loaders, Forklifts, Dozers, Scrapers, Graders, Excavators, Skid Steers, Tractors, Backhoe Loaders, Rollers, Telehandlers, and other heavy equipment.
- Operates coal delivery, limestone feed, and ash loading human machine interface units.
- Operates and maintains truck weight scales and automated ticketing systems
- Assist with operation of the LNG system equipment as directed by operations staff
- Manage trucks hauling coal
- And any other duties as assigned to meet the Vision, fulfill the Mission, and abide by the Values of this organization
Job Requirements (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills)
- 12 years formal education (High School Graduate) or equivalent.
- Basic knowledge problem resolution and reporting.
- Knowledge of bulk handling systems including Powders, Liquids, & Combustibles.
- Basic knowledge of firefighting and potential fire related risks to assigned areas.
- Thorough knowledge of equipment isolation and tagging procedures. (LOTO)
- Capable of responding to plant abnormal situations, alarms, and/or other plant – natural emergencies.
- Thorough knowledge of the location, purpose and proper use of all plant safety equipment.
- Good knowledge in aligning, switching, isolating, and operating all material handling systems.
- And any other duties as assigned to meet the Vision, fulfill the Mission, and abide by the Values of this organization.
- Successfully complete pre-employment exam, including a drug/alcohol test, and a background check.
Does this job have supervisory responsibilities? No
Receives guidance with respect to general objectives; in the majority of tasks and
projects assigned, determines methods, work sequences, scheduling, and methods to
achieve objectives of assignments; operates within specific policy guidelines.
Are there non-supervisory employees who report directly to this job? No
Are there subordinate supervisors reporting to this job? No
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Basic knowledge of arithmetic functions addition, subtraction, multiplication, division.
- Ability to follow and lead in oral and written instructions.
- Ability to communicate in English orally and in writing.
- Basic knowledge of reading and interpreting P&IDs, and electrical one-line, schematic, and logic diagrams.
- Basic knowledge of principles in material handling techniques and best operating practices.
- Good knowledge of Mechanical and Pneumatic material handling systems.
- Basic knowledge of Fire Risks and/or Hazards regarding handled materials.
- Knowledge of plant hazards and approaches to protecting both personnel and equipment.
- Knowledge of corporate and plant policies and regulations.
- Knowledge of plant environmental regulations and compliance requirements.
- Basic knowledge of fire and accident prevention techniques and methods of responding to fire and accidents in the plant.
- Basic knowledge of Spill Containment for products associated directly in the scope of control for the assigned areas of the plant.
- Knowledge of First Aid and CPR.
- Knowledge of proper handling, storage and transportation of bulk materials.
- Knowledge of action required in case of an accidental release of any possible hazardous materials.
- Knowledge of the principles of equipment lubrication as it applies to his/her job duties.
- Knowledge of the operation and limitations on pumps, fans – blowers, conveyors, and electrical components as it applies to his/her job duties.
- Knowledge of Bulk Material Handling System Equipment, plant protective schemes, sequence of operation and response to abnormal conditions.
- Ability to interpret, diagnoses, and respond to plant emergencies.
- Basic knowledge of Fire Protection Systems as it applies to the specific systems, not limited to automatic and manual systems.
- Basic understanding of using technical manuals, manufacturers’ instructions and procedures.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
Level of education and experience needed to successfully accomplish the essential duties of this job.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or at least one year related
experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Level of language (ability to read, write, and speak) needed to successfully accomplish the essential duties of this job.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Level of mathematical skills and abilities needed to successfully accomplish the essential duties of this job.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Level of reasoning skills and abilities needed to successfully accomplish the essential duties of this job.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Basic personal computer skills.
Handles multiple tasks simultaneously.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Licenses, certificates, or registrations that are required to perform the essential duties of this job.
Valid Driver’s License
How much on-the-job time is spent in the following physical activities?
|Using hands to finger, handle or feel||X|
|Reaching with hands and arms||X|
|Climbing or balancing||X|
|Stooping, kneeling, crouching, or crawling||X|
|Talking or hearing||X|
|Tasting or smelling||X|
|Other: Respirator Use||X|
Does this job require that weight be lifted or force be exerted? If so, how much and how often?
|Up to 10 lbs||X|
|Up to 25 lbs||X|
|Up to 50 lbs||X|
Well-lighted, heated and/or air-conditioned indoor office/production setting with adequate ventilation.
|Wet or humid conditions (non-weather)||X|
|Work near moving mechanical parts||X|
|Work in high precarious places||X|
|Fumes or airborne practices||X|
|Toxic or caustic chemicals||X|
|Outdoor weather conditions||X|
|Extreme cold (non-weather)||X|
|Extreme heat (non-weather)||X|
|Risk of electrical shock||X|
|Work with explosives||X|
|Risk of radiation||X|
How much noise is typical for the work environment of this job?
Loud (examples: metal can manufacturing department, large earth-moving equipment)
Minimal overnight travel (up to 10%) by land and/or air.
Apply for this job online here.