Longview Power - Maidsville, WV
ESSSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work under the direction of the Mechanical Supervisor for all related activities.
- Work in both a Shop and Outside Environment as required.
- Maintain Technical manuals for all Rolling Stock and recommend Spare Parts to the Mechanical Supervisor.
- Respond to equipment (Rolling Stock) maintenance needs as scheduled and as needed. This may include call outs on weekends and/or nights.
- Diagnose faults or malfunctions to determine required repairs, using engine diagnostic equipment such as computerized test equipment and calibration devices.
- Dismantle and reassemble heavy equipment using hoists and hand tools
- Clean, lubricate, and perform other routine maintenance work on equipment and vehicles.
- Schedule maintenance for industrial machines and equipment, and keep equipment service records.
- Assemble gear systems, and align frames and gears.
- Fit bearings to adjust, repair, or overhaul mobile mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic equipment.
- Comply with all Plant Safety & Environmental Policies at all times.
- Document all work activities as directed by the Mechanical Supervisor.
- Follow training plans as assigned and directed.
- Perform troubleshooting and documentation, and assist in the resolution of problems.
- Work with the CMMS system (personnel) to ensure precise input of items as required.
- Ensure LOTO (Lock-out / Tag-out) system compliance at all times.
- Represents Longview Power’s best interest at all times.
- Be alert to working environment for possible hazards.
- Be capable of interpreting Vendor / Equipment Manuals for precise maintenance activities.
- Clean shop and other areas as assigned.
- Complete work orders and other assignments as required.
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Work with other Departments and personnel as required for Plant betterment and improvement.
- Provide input/documentation for parts, tools, and safety equipment as needed.
- Review Technical Manuals for Spare Parts and Technical Instructions.
- Work as directed with appropriate Vendors of Rolling Stock for warranties and other maintenance activities related to the Rolling Stock.
- Obtain any Certifications that may be required per Supervisor instructions and plant policies.
JOB REQUIREMENTS (EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS)
- 12 years formal education (High School Graduate) or equivalent.
- Five years of Industrial Mechanical Maintenance in Heavy Industrial Equipment.
- Knowledge of Combustion Engines, Tracks, Bearings, Gears, Lubrications, Hydraulics, Valves, Parts, Tools and other items related to the industry and maintenance.
- Knowledge of equipment isolation and tagging procedures.
- Ability to respond to plant abnormal situations, alarms, and emergencies.
- Thorough knowledge of the location, purpose and proper use of the plant safety equipment.
- Successfully complete pre-employment physical exam, including a drug/alcohol test, and a background check.
Does this job have supervisory responsibilities? No
Routine duties are performed with minimal supervision; standard practices or procedures allow routine work to proceed alone; receives occasional checks of work while in progress; work is reviewed upon completion.
Are there non-supervisory employees who report directly to this job? No
Are there subordinate supervisors reporting to this job? No
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Level of education and experience needed to successfully accomplish the essential duties of this job.
12 years formal Education (High School Graduate) or equivalent. Five years of industrial Mechanical Maintenance in Heavy Industrial Equipment.
Level of language (ability to read, write, and speak English) needed to successfully accomplish the essential duties of this job.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Level of mathematical skills and abilities needed to successfully accomplish the essential duties of this job.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Level of reasoning skills and abilities needed to successfully accomplish the essential duties of this job.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Intermediate personal computer skills, including electronic mail, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, etc.
Handles multiple tasks simultaneously.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Licenses, certificates, or registrations that are required to perform the essential duties of this job.
Valid Driving License
How much on-the-job time is spent in the following physical activities?
|Using hands to finger, handle or feel||X|
|Reaching with hands and arms||X|
|Climbing or balancing||X|
|Stooping, kneeling, crouching, or crawling||X|
|Talking or hearing||X|
|Tasting or smelling||X|
|Other: Respirator Use||X|
Does this job require that weight be lifted or force be exerted? If so, how much and how often?
|Up to 10 lbs||X|
|Up to 25 lbs||X|
|Up to 50 lbs
Up to 100 lbs
Outdoor and indoor shop environment with adequate ventilation.
|Wet or humid conditions (non-weather)||X|
|Work near moving mechanical parts||X|
|Work in high precarious places||X|
|Fumes or airborne practices||X|
|Toxic or caustic chemicals||X|
|Outdoor weather conditions||X|
|Extreme cold (non-weather)||X|
|Extreme heat (non-weather)||X|
|Risk of electrical shock||X|
|Work with explosives||X|
|Risk of radiation||X|
How much noise is typical for the work environment of this job?
Very loud (examples: jack hammer work, front row at rock concert)
Minimal overnight travel (up to 10%) by land and/or air.
Apply for this job online here.