ESSSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Gathering supporting documentation and performing recordkeeping.
- Reconciling accounts with the general ledger.
- Performing account analysis for cash accruals, accounts payables, account receivables, and reconciliations to ensure that journal entries and balances are correct.
- Entering financial data entries into the ledger on a monthly basis, as well as preparing reports.
- File and maintain all journal entries for internal and audit purposes.
- Assist various departments in accounting issues and queries.
- Support Auditor in conducting internal and external audits.
- Follow documentation retention policy to maintain accounting files.
- Adhere to standard accounting principles and company procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Plant Controller.
- Backup Accounts Payable Clerk with duties.
Job Requirements (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills)
- Bachelor’s or associate’s degree in accounting, or in a related specialization.
- At least two years’ experience in general ledger accounting, or similar.
- Proficient in recognized financial / accounting systems and Microsoft Office products including Word, Power Point, and advanced Excel
- Excellent analytical and modeling skills, detail-oriented and able to produce accurate and defensible work products.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Ability to productively work independently and as an overall integral Longview team member.
- Ability to develop relationships with Plant Management and Corporate entities.
- Must have strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Must be a strong team player, highly motivated and able to work under pressure during peak periods.
Does this job have supervisory responsibilities? No
Direction: receives guidance with respect to general objectives; in the majority of tasks and projects assigned, determines methods, work sequences, scheduling, and methods to achieve objectives of assignments; operates within specific policy guidelines.
Are there non-supervisory employees who report directly to this job? No
Are there subordinate supervisors reporting to this job? No
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures.
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Provide leadership to others through example and sharing of knowledge/skill.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
Level of education and experience needed to successfully accomplish the essential duties of this job.
Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) or associate’s degree in accounting, or in a related specialization.
Level of language (ability to read, write, and speak) needed to successfully accomplish the essential duties of this job.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conforms to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
Level of mathematical skills and abilities needed to successfully accomplish the essential duties of this job.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Level of reasoning skills and abilities needed to successfully accomplish the essential duties of this job.
Ability to define problems, collects data, establishes facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Proficient personal computer skills including electronic mail, record keeping, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, etc.
Handles multiple projects simultaneously.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Licenses, certificates, or registrations that are required to perform the essential duties of this job.
How much on-the-job time is spent in the following physical activities?
|Using hands to finger, handle or feel||X|
|Reaching with hands and arms||X|
|Climbing or balancing||X|
|Stooping, kneeling, crouching, or crawling||X|
|Talking or hearing||X|
|Tasting or smelling||X|
Does this job require that weight be lifted or force be exerted? If so, how much and how often?
|Up to 10 lbs||X|
|Up to 25 lbs||X|
|Up to 50 lbs||X|
Well-lighted, heated and/or air-conditioned indoor office/production setting with adequate ventilation.
|Wet or humid conditions (non-weather)||X|
|Work near moving mechanical parts||X|
|Work in high precarious places||X|
|Fumes or airborne practices||X|
|Toxic or caustic chemicals||X|
|Outdoor weather conditions||X|
|Extreme cold (non-weather)||X|
|Extreme heat (non-weather)||X|
|Risk of electrical shock||X|
How much noise is typical for the work environment of this job?
Moderate noise (examples: business office with computers and printers, light traffic)
Occasional overnight travel (up to 10%) by land and/or air.
Apply for this job online here.