ESSSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain weekly cash forecasting models and supporting data.
- Develop, implement, and maintain tools and processes to gather, interpret, and model large data sets for use in strategic planning, fundamental power price forecast activities, and market trend analysis.
- Research and understand current topics on the commodity, environmental and renewables markets.
- Responsible for preparing, reviewing, and maintaining the data, processing information, associated reports, and analysis of related energy trading activities.
- Support the annual budget preparation and review schedule taking into account other major activities, such as outages, allowing sufficient time for internal preparation and review and meeting the deadline for submittal of the budget. Review forecast information to ensure that revenues and expenses are properly budgeted.
- Support the preparation and review of financial statements and accounting reports for internal and external reporting for accuracy and completeness.
- Conduct special accounting projects to provide detailed financial and accounting recommendations for decision-making and internal and external reporting.
- Support the accounting group in regard to revenue reporting, cost accounting, budgeting, forecasting, valuation analyses and management reporting
- Support the preparation of daily, weekly, and monthly financial and Key Performance Indicator (KPI) reports.
- Safeguard and secure all Company data, documents, tapes, information, and assets assigned to or controlled by this position.
- Confidentiality must be willing to maintain complete confidentiality of information seen or in employee’s possession related to position responsibilities.
Job Requirements (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills)
- A finance or business degree is preferred
- A minimum of two years’ experience analyzing power markets is preferred.
- Proficient in recognized financial / accounting systems and Microsoft Office products including Word, Power Point, and advanced Excel
- Excellent analytical and modeling skills, detail-oriented and able to produce accurate and defensible work products.
- Ability to productively work independently and as an overall integral Longview team member.
- Ability to develop relationships with Plant Management and Corporate entities.
- Must have strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to handle quickly changing situations under stress and to work extended hours on short notice if and when required.
Does this job have supervisory responsibilities? No
Direction: receives guidance with respect to general objectives; in the majority of tasks and projects assigned, determines methods, work sequences, scheduling, and methods to achieve objectives of assignments; operates within specific policy guidelines.
Are there non-supervisory employees who report directly to this job? No
Are there subordinate supervisors reporting to this job? No
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Comply with all safety policies, practices, and procedures.
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Provide leadership to others through example and sharing of knowledge/skill.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
Level of education and experience needed to successfully accomplish the essential duties of this job.
Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university.
Level of language (ability to read, write, and speak) needed to successfully accomplish the essential duties of this job.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conforms to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
Level of mathematical skills and abilities needed to successfully accomplish the essential duties of this job.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Level of reasoning skills and abilities needed to successfully accomplish the essential duties of this job.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Proficient personal computer skills including electronic mail, record keeping, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, etc.
Handles multiple projects simultaneously.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Licenses, certificates, or registrations that are required to perform the essential duties of this job.
How much on-the-job time is spent in the following physical activities?
|Using hands to finger, handle or feel||X|
|Reaching with hands and arms||X|
|Climbing or balancing||X|
|Stooping, kneeling, crouching, or crawling||X|
|Talking or hearing||X|
|Tasting or smelling||X|
Does this job require that weight be lifted, or force be exerted? If so, how much and how often?
|Up to 10 lbs||X|
|Up to 25 lbs||X|
|Up to 50 lbs||X|
Well-lighted, heated and/or air-conditioned indoor office/production setting with adequate ventilation.
|Wet or humid conditions (non-weather)||X|
|Work near moving mechanical parts||X|
|Work in high precarious places||X|
|Fumes or airborne practices||X|
|Toxic or caustic chemicals||X|
|Outdoor weather conditions||X|
|Extreme cold (non-weather)||X|
|Extreme heat (non-weather)||X|
|Risk of electrical shock||X|
How much noise is typical for the work environment of this job?
Moderate noise (examples: business office with computers and printers, light traffic)
Occasional overnight travel (up to 10%) by land and/or air.
Apply for this job online here.