ESSSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provide budget preparation guidance and support through the development of facility historical performance, budget roll-up worksheets, and preparing the budget presentation format for the Owner.
• Review submitted budgets to ensure that monies are budgeted to the proper accounts.
• Assist facility personnel in preparing budgets, business case development and cost justification worksheets.
• Develop standard budget templates for each functional area to provide a consistent budgeting format, to assign all budgeted items to an area of responsibility, and to ensure that no budget categories are omitted.
• Prepare and evaluate complex financial statements and accounting reports for internal and external reporting in compliance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) and Internal Revenue Service (IRS) guidelines.
• Prepare projections for company including weekly cash flow forecast and long term financial projections.
• Conduct other special projects to provide detailed financial and accounting recommendations for decision-making and internal and external reporting.
• Support the Enterprise Resource Planning and Enterprise Asset Management systems.
• Support the implementation of General Ledger and supporting sub systems as determined by the Controller. Participate as a team member or resource in implementation project.
• Establish competitive budget targets by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing competitive intelligence from units of similar size, vintage, design, geographic area and fuel.
• Track actual spending by preparing a monthly Actual vs. Budget report for the Facility and each functional area. Track the percentage over/under spent in each account and point out to management areas of potential concern. Evaluate reports/statements for accuracy and detect errors.
• Interface with Operator and Owner’s corporate offices and Authorized Representatives as necessary regarding accounting and administrative matters.
• Safeguard and secure all Owner data, documents, tapes, information and assets assigned to or controlled by this position.
• Must be willing to maintain complete confidentiality of information seen or in employee’s possession related to position responsibilities.
• Act as the backup for other finance staff as may be needed.
• Other duties as assigned by the CFO or Controller.
Job Requirements (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills)
• A finance or business degree is required.
• 5 to 10 years of experience as a Financial Analyst or similar role, and 2 to 5 years of financial accounting and reporting.
• Extensive experience in the use of personal computers. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office products and recognized financial/accounting systems.
• Experience with Excel to create complex models for financial projections.
• Knowledge and understanding of integrated ERP/General Ledger systems such as Oracle, SAP, JD Edwards.
• Understanding and working knowledge of working capital projections with ability to reconcile between GAAP financials and cash/liquidity.
• Ability to productively work independently and as an overall integral Longview Power team member.
• Ability to develop relationships with Plant Management and Corporate entities.
• Must have strong communication skills, both written and verbal
• Ability to handle quick changing situations under stress and to work extended hours on short notice if and when required.
• Travel to all the plant locations and to other corporate locations will be required.
Does this job have supervisory responsibilities? No
Direction: receives guidance with respect to general objectives; in the majority of tasks and projects assigned, determines methods, work sequences, scheduling, and methods to achieve objectives of assignments; operates within specific policy guidelines.
Are there non-supervisory employees who report directly to this job? No
Are there subordinate supervisors reporting to this job? No
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures.
• Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Provide leadership to others through example and sharing of knowledge/skill.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
Level of education and experience needed to successfully accomplish the essential duties of this job.
Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university in Finance or Accounting. An advanced business degree (MBA), and/or a certification as a CPA or CFA is preferred, but not required.
Level of language (ability to read, write, and speak) needed to successfully accomplish the essential duties of this job.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conforms to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
Level of mathematical skills and abilities needed to successfully accomplish the essential duties of this job.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Level of reasoning skills and abilities needed to successfully accomplish the essential duties of this job.
Ability to define problems, collects data, establishes facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Proficient personal computer skills including electronic mail, record keeping, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, etc.
Handles multiple projects simultaneously.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Licenses, certificates, or registrations that are required to perform the essential duties of this job.
How much on-the-job time is spent in the following physical activities?
Frequent: Standing; Walking; Sitting; Using hands to finger, handle or feel; Reaching with hands and arms; Talking or hearing
Occasional: Climbing or balancing; Driving
Rare: Stooping, kneeling, crouching, or crawling; Tasting or smelling
Does this job require that weight be lifted or force be exerted? If so, how much and how often?
Frequent: Up to 10 lbs; Up to 25 lbs
Rare: Up to 50 lbs
Well-lighted, heated and/or air-conditioned indoor office/production setting with adequate ventilation.
Occasional: Work near moving mechanical parts; Outdoor weather conditions; Vibration
Rare: Wet or humid conditions (non-weather); Work in high precarious places; Fumes or airborne practices; Toxic or caustic chemicals;
Extreme cold (non-weather); Extreme heat (non-weather); Risk of electrical shock
How much noise is typical for the work environment of this job?
Moderate noise (examples: business office with computers and printers, light traffic)
Occasional overnight travel (up to 20%) by land and/or air.
Apply for this job online here.