ESSSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create and maintain a database of files in an electronic document management system.
- Oversee the creation, revision, implementation, and execution of policies and procedures related to drawings, reports, and studies.
- Act as point of contact for drawing revision
- Ensure revisions meet intent
- Update drawing database with revisions
- Act as point of contact for vendor submitted reports, drawings, OEM Manuals, specifications, etc.
- Train Longview employees in how to locate drawings, OEM Manuals, specifications, etc. and provide assistance to them on an as needed basis
- Act as point of contact for incoming and outgoing
- Research and evaluate potential software/methods for improving DC process at LV
- Work with other departments to help locate and validate that documentation and drawings are correct
- Coordinate with managers to assign, track and complete requests for information
- Work with SME’s to create MOC documents, and track their approval and revisions
Job Requirements (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills)
- High School Diploma or GED education.
- Minimum of three (3) to five (5) years related experience.
- Ability to read and identify different drawing types.
- CAD experience beneficial
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, and Electronic email.
- Must have good organizational skills.
- Must maintain high level of confidentiality for personnel and confidential information.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to productively work independently and as an overall integral Longview Power team member.
- Ability to handle quick changing situations under stress and to work extended hours on short notice if and when required.
- Ability to deal with adverse situations in a professional manner.
- Have a valid driver’s license.
- Successfully complete pre-employment physical exam, including a drug/alcohol test, and a background check.
Does this job have supervisory responsibilities? No
Receives very general guidance with respect to overall objectives; work is usually quite independent of others; operates within plant or department policy guidelines using independent judgment in achieving assigned objectives.
Are there non-supervisory employees who report directly to this job? No
Are there subordinate supervisors reporting to this job? No
Level of language (ability to read, write, and speak English) needed to successfully accomplish the essential duties of this job.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to managers, clients, customers and other employees of the organization.
Level of mathematical skills and abilities needed to successfully accomplish the essential duties of this job.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret graphs.
Level of reasoning skills and abilities needed to successfully accomplish the essential duties of this job.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few variables in standardized situations.
Utilize complex computer operations (intermediate programming in 3rd and 4th generation languages, relational databases, and operating systems) and advanced features of software packages (word-processing, spreadsheet, graphics, etc.)
Handles multiple projects simultaneously.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Licenses, certificates, or registrations that are required to perform the essential duties of this job.
Valid Drivers License
How much on-the-job time is spent in the following physical activities?
|Using hands to finger, handle or feel||X|
|Reaching with hands and arms||X|
|Climbing or balancing||X|
|Stooping, kneeling, crouching, or crawling||X|
|Talking or hearing||X|
|Tasting or smelling||X|
|Other: Respirator Use||X|
|Other: Computer Work||X|
Does this job require that weight be lifted or force be exerted? If so, how much and how often?
|Up to 10 lbs||X|
|Up to 25 lbs||X|
|Up to 50 lbs||X|
Well-lighted, heated and/or air-conditioned indoor office setting with adequate ventilation
|Wet or humid conditions (non-weather)||X|
|Work near moving mechanical parts||X|
|Work in high precarious places||X|
|Fumes or airborne practices||X|
|Toxic or caustic chemicals||X|
|Outdoor weather conditions||X|
|Extreme cold (non-weather)||X|
|Extreme heat (non-weather)||X|
|Risk of electrical shock||X|
|Work with explosives||X|
|Risk of radiation||X|
How much noise is typical for the work environment of this job?
Moderate noise (examples: business office with computers and printers, light traffic)
Minimal overnight travel (up to 10%) by land and/or air.
Apply for this job online here.