ESSSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Will promote Plant Lifecycle Services, Start-up and Commissioning, of the Plant Control systems
- Read and interpret Blueprints, Technical drawings, Schematics, and Computer generated reports
- Work with other Management, Engineers, and Plant Personnel to design, review, and implement control system expansion and upgrades as required
- Confers with other Engineers, Management, and Plant Personnel to develop, revise, and implement operating, maintenance, and other procedures
- Confers with other Engineers and Personnel to resolve malfunctions, review control system performance, implement repairs and improvements, and review operating characteristics of the plant control systems
- Review and Specify Systems, Components, Modifications, and Performance of each
- Provide assistance, technical information, and direction to Longview’s personnel
- Provide feedback to other personnel regarding system failures, problem resolution, and lessons learned
- Diagnose faulty operations, maintenance, and process procedures and implement corrections
- Conduct tests that analyses Design, Feasibility, Operation, and Performance of control systems components, and equipment
- Coordinate regular periodic plant audits to ensure that proper regulatory plans are in place and updated as needed
- Develop projects and evaluate proposals for material supply and execution
- Execute projects to maintain budget and schedule compliance
- Responsible for participation in the following station programs / activities
- Root Cause Analysis- Participate in / lead investigations to identify casual factors and implement corrective actions
- Asset360 Issue evaluation- Monitor identified reliability and performance issues; work with station and B&V personnel to determine cause and resolution.
- Support outages- Participate in the planning and execution of outages to ensure scope, schedule, and budget are maintained
- Participate in Alarm Management program to reduce and maintain alarming to industry acceptable standards
- Maintain backlog of assigned Work Orders
- Evaluate ideas on Management of Change suggestions and improvements
- Ensure work activities comply with all applicable OSHA safety regulations and policies
- Create Work Orders and Purchase Requisitions as applicable
- Support Longview Power business development activities as required
- Comply with the obligations of all permits including Federal, State, and Local regulations
- Perform all other related duties as assigned
- Anticipates and accepts changes in the organization and adapts to meet the new requirements
- Willing to accept accountability for own decisions, performance, and behavior
Job Requirements (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills)
- A BSEE in Electrical / Electronics or equivalent experience
- A minimum of 10 years’ DCS and Controls experience in steam and electric power plant operations
- Extensive experience in the use of personal computers and numerous software applications such as Excel, Word, MS Outlook, PowerPoint, Access, etc
- Strong problem solving skills
- Experience in the following software applications required
- Emerson Ovation, OSIsoft PI
- Experience in the following software applications beneficial
- Maximo, RSLogix, Siemens T3000, Foxboro, DeltaV, ModiCon, Telemecanique
- Ability to productively work independently and as an overall integral team member
- Must have strong communication skills, both written and verbal, and the ability to effectively organize and facilitate process teams to implement facility improvements
- Ability to handle quick changing situations under stress and to work extended hours on short notice when required
- Successfully complete a background check, including a drug/alcohol test.
Does this job have supervisory responsibilities? No
Receives very general guidance with respect to overall objectives; work is usually quite independent of others; operates within plant or department policy guidelines using independent judgment in achieving assigned objectives.
Are there non-supervisory employees who report directly to this job? No
Are there subordinate supervisors reporting to this job? No
Level of language (ability to read, write, and speak English) needed to successfully accomplish the essential duties of this job.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Level of mathematical skills and abilities needed to successfully accomplish the essential duties of this job.
Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations. Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
Level of reasoning skills and abilities needed to successfully accomplish the essential duties of this job.
Ability to define problems, collects data, establishes facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Utilize complex computer operations (intermediate programming in 3rd and 4th generation languages, relational databases, and operating systems) and advanced features of software packages (word-processing, spreadsheet, graphics, etc.)
Handles multiple projects simultaneously.
Prioritizes, organizes, and delegates assignments.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Licenses, certificates, or registrations that are required to perform the essential duties of this job.
Valid Drivers License
How much on-the-job time is spent in the following physical activities?
|Using hands to finger, handle or feel||X|
|Reaching with hands and arms||X|
|Climbing or balancing||X|
|Stooping, kneeling, crouching, or crawling||X|
|Talking or hearing||X|
|Tasting or smelling||X|
|Other: Respirator Use||X|
|Other: Computer Work||X|
Does this job require that weight be lifted or force be exerted? If so, how much and how often?
|Up to 10 lbs||X|
|Up to 25 lbs||X|
|Up to 50 lbs||X|
Well-lighted, heated and/or air-conditioned indoor office setting with adequate ventilation
|Wet or humid conditions (non-weather)||X|
|Work near moving mechanical parts||X|
|Work in high precarious places||X|
|Fumes or airborne practices||X|
|Toxic or caustic chemicals||X|
|Outdoor weather conditions||X|
|Extreme cold (non-weather)||X|
|Extreme heat (non-weather)||X|
|Risk of electrical shock||X|
|Work with explosives||X|
|Risk of radiation||X|
How much noise is typical for the work environment of this job?
Moderate noise (examples: business office with computers and printers, light traffic)
Minimal overnight travel (up to 10%) by land and/or air.
Apply for this job online here.