Longview Power, Maidsville, WV
ESSSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Follow the sampling, analyzing, and corrective action procedure to the various Plant Water / Sewage system, Limestone products, Steam Cycles and all related processes.
- Follow the sampling, analyzing, and corrective action procedures for the SO2 Wet Scrubber System and all related processes.
- Operate and Maintain Water treatment system to include RO, CIP, Demin Trains, and neutralization systems.
- Implement and monitor reporting procedures for chemical results.
- Comply with all Plant Policies and procedures.
- Adjust Chemical Feed rates for each system as required by sampling results to ensure all processes meet design requirements.
- Document sampling results, adjustments, and parameters as required.
- Review, Compare, and Calibrate On-line Sample Analyzers for accuracy and reliability.
- Stay informed on current water treatment practices in industry.
- Provide assistance, technical information, and direction to other plant personnel.
- Provide feedback to other personnel regarding failures, problem resolution, and lessons learned.
- Assist in unloading Aqueous Ammonia Deliveries, and other Chemical Deliveries.
- Diagnose faulty operations, maintenance, and process procedures and implement corrections.
- Take manual samples of Lubricating Oils, Coal, Ashes, Limestone, Slurry, and other fluids as required for on-site and off-site testing.
- Perform required Preventative Maintenance tasks as assigned or required.
- Participate in Root Cause Analysis (RCA) teams as assigned.
- Provide chemistry guidance to Management of Change (MOC) assignments
- Participate in applicable equipment inspections during outages.
- Discuss process trends in a team setting to identify issues and areas for improvement.
- Coordinate work activities of applicable contractors.
Job Requirements (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills)
- Associates degree or equivalent experience is required.
- 2 years of Power Plant experience or related field of chemical analysis.
- Experience in the use of personal computers and software applications such as Excel, Word, MS Outlook, Powerpoint, Access, etc.
- Ability to productively work independently and as an overall integral team member.
- Must have strong communication both written and verbal skills.
- Ability to handle quick changing situations under stress and to work extended hours on short notice, when required.
- Maximo experience
- OSI PI experience
- RCA experience
- Ability to read and interpret drawings
Does this job have supervisory responsibilities? No
Direction: receives guidance with respect to general objectives; in the majority of tasks and projects assigned, determines methods, work sequences, scheduling, and methods to achieve objectives of assignments; operates within specific policy guidelines.
Are there non-supervisory employees who report directly to this job? No
Are there subordinate supervisors reporting to this job? No
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Comply with all Safety & Environmental policies, practices and procedures.
- Follow Company and Supervisor Training and Development Programs.
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Provide leadership to others through example and sharing of knowledge/skill.
- Stay current on Chemistry principals, technology, and standards.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
Level of education and experience needed to successfully accomplish the essential duties of this job.
Associate’s degree (A. A.) or equivalent, or technical school; or two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination.
Level of language (ability to read, write, and speak) needed to successfully accomplish the essential duties of this job.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write
simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Level of mathematical skills and abilities needed to successfully accomplish the essential duties of this job.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Level of reasoning skills and abilities needed to successfully accomplish the essential duties of this job.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Intermediate personal computer skills, including electronic mail, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, etc.
Handles multiple projects simultaneously.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Licenses, certificates, or registrations that are required to perform the essential duties of this job.
Valid Driver’s License
How much on-the-job time is spent in the following physical activities?
|Using hands to finger, handle or feel||X|
|Reaching with hands and arms||X|
|Climbing or balancing||X|
|Stooping, kneeling, crouching, or crawling||X|
|Talking or hearing||X|
|Tasting or smelling||X|
|Other: Computer Work||X|
|Other: Respirator Use||X|
Does this job require that weight be lifted or force be exerted? If so, how much and how often?
|Up to 10 lbs||X|
|Up to 25 lbs||X|
|Up to 50 lbs||X|
|Up to 100 lbs||X|
Well-lighted, heated and/or air-conditioned indoor office/production setting with adequate ventilation.
|Wet or humid conditions (non-weather)||X|
|Work near moving mechanical parts||X|
|Work in high precarious places||X|
|Fumes or airborne practices||X|
|Toxic or caustic chemicals||X|
|Outdoor weather conditions||X|
|Extreme cold (non-weather)||X|
|Extreme heat (non-weather)||X|
|Risk of electrical shock||X|
How much noise is typical for the work environment of this job?
Loud (EXAMPLES: Metal can manufacturing department, large earth moving equipment)
Occasional overnight travel (up to 10%) by land and/or air.
Apply for this job online here.