Job Summary (Why does job exist?)
The IC&E Technician (Level 1) reports directly to the Instrumentation, Controls & Electrical Supervisor. This position is responsible for all electrical, instrument, and control activities of the plant. Included but not limited to: troubleshooting, testing, maintenance, calibration, and proper operation of all instrumentation, control systems with Emerson Ovation (S7-400-4H), and Turbine control system, switchgear, batteries and electrical support systems, and electrical equipment in the plant. The IC&E Technician (Level 1) will serve as the custodian of the Continuous Emissions Monitoring System (CEMS) and be responsible for all maintenance, troubleshooting, and calibration of emissions monitoring equipment. The IC&E Technician (Level 1) will possess an intimate knowledge of the Data Acquisition and Handling System (DAHS) and be responsible for maintaining the database of organized environmental monitoring parameter detail in accordance with all applicable permit requirements and assist in the reporting process as directed. Support start up and commissioning and operations for the Longview 700 W Super Critical Coal Fired Generating Station.
ESSSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serves as the custodian of the Continuous Emissions Monitoring Systems (CEMS)
- Perform all maintenance, troubleshooting, and calibration of CEMS equipment
- Possess an intimate knowledge of the Data Acquisition and Handling System (DAHS) and be responsible for maintaining the database of organized environmental monitoring parameter detail in accordance with all applicable permit requirements and assist in the reporting process as directed
- Monitor and make revisions to the site CEMS QA/QC Plan
- Demonstrate specific knowledge of the following:
- Emerson Ovation Distributed Control System
- System Diagnostic Tools
- Shutdown and Reboot Handling
- Network basics and Diagnostic of Network Component Faults
- Hardware components Diagnostics and Replacement (Appl. Server, Automation Server and FUM)
- Profibus-DB: Electrical Network Diagnostic
- I/O Diagnosis, Replacement and Troubleshooting
- Off Line and On-line loading of application programs
- Tracing of signal paths with the dynamic FUP
- Simulation of binary and analog signals
- Systems analysis, administration, and event managing
- Analysis of hardware and software errors
- Archive Management: Swap out Handling
- System Back-up
- Basics of turbine controller
- Function charts and diagrams
- Cabinets, structure and rack arrangement
- Hardware and software components
- Use of turbine specific macros
- Programming memory of sub-modules
- PDMA Testing
- Redundancy principle
- Troubleshoot, inspect, test, maintain, repair, clean and calibrate instrumentation and solid state and microprocessor based control equipment including plant communications equipment, programmable controllers, distributive control systems, generator excitation equipment, battery chargers, and semi-conductor devices. Knowledge of Ladder logic
- Troubleshoot, inspect maintain, repair, test and clean electrical erforms troubleshooting, documentation, and assist in the resolution of problems.
- Capable of providing precise detailed instructions for crews as required.
- Ensure all personnel follow the LOTO (Lock-out Tag-out) system at all times.
- Represents Longview Power’s best interest at all times.
- Ensure all employees work in a safe and efficient manner at all times.
- Assesses the capabilities of the maintenance staff and analyzes deficiencies.
- Assign Cleaning assignments as required.
- Supervises compliance of all safety and environmental policies and procedures with all employees including contractor personnel.
- Distribute work orders and other assignments as required.
- Will assist in operations activities when required.
- Will participate in procedures, operations maintenance where required.
Job Requirements (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills)
- 12 years formal education (High School Graduate) or equivalent.
- Five years prior Industrial Maintenance related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Basic knowledge problem resolution and reporting.
- Knowledge in Welding, Lubrications, Hydraulics, Valves, Parts, Tools and other items to the industry and maintenance.
- Thorough knowledge of equipment isolation and tagging procedures.
- Ability to respond to plant abnormal situations, alarms, and emergencies.
- Thorough knowledge of the location, purpose, and proper use of the plant safety equipment, including firefighting techniques.
- Thorough knowledge of rigging and hoisting procedures.
- And any other duties as assigned to meet the Vision, fulfill the Mission, and abide by the Values of this organization.
- Successfully complete pre-employment exam, including a drug/alcohol test, and a background check.
Does this job have supervisory responsibilities? No
Receives guidance with respect to general objectives; in the majority of tasks and
projects assigned, determines methods, work sequences, scheduling, and methods to
achieve objectives of assignments; operates within specific policy guidelines.
Are there non-supervisory employees who report directly to this job? No
Are there subordinate supervisors reporting to this job? No
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Comply with all Safety & Environmental policies, practices and procedures.
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Provide leadership to others through example and sharing of knowledge/skills.
- Prioritize tasks with all Departments and personnel.
- Provide input/documentation for parts, tools, and safety equipment as needed.
- Provide feedback to Managers for
- Assist in directing contractors during planned and unplanned outages and/or other plant requirements.
- Ability to communicate in English orally and in writing.
- Knowledge of corporate and plant policies and regulations.
- Knowledge of plant environmental regulations and compliance requirements.
- Basic knowledge of fire and accident prevention techniques and methods of responding to fire and accidents in the plant.
- Basic knowledge of Spill Containment for products associated directly in the scope of control for the assigned areas of the plant.
- Knowledge of First Aid and CPR.
- Basic understanding of using technical manuals, manufacturers’ instructions and procedures.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
Level of education and experience needed to successfully accomplish the essential duties of this job.
Associate’s Degree (AA) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; or Five
years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination.
Level of language (ability to read, write, and speak) needed to successfully accomplish the essential duties of this job.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Ability to read prints, and interpret drawings and operations/maintenance manuals.
Level of mathematical skills and abilities needed to successfully accomplish the essential duties of this job.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Level of reasoning skills and abilities needed to successfully accomplish the essential duties of this job.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Proficient personal computer skills including electronic mail, record keeping, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, etc.
Prioritizes, organizes, and delegates assignments.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Licenses, certificates, or registrations that are required to perform the essential duties of this job.
Valid Driver’s License
How much on-the-job time is spent in the following physical activities?
|Using hands to finger, handle or feel||X|
|Reaching with hands and arms||X|
|Climbing or balancing||X|
|Stooping, kneeling, crouching, or crawling||X|
|Talking or hearing||X|
|Tasting or smelling||X|
|Other: Respirator Use||X|
Does this job require that weight be lifted or force be exerted? If so, how much and how often?
|Up to 10 lbs||X|
|Up to 25 lbs||X|
|Up to 50 lbs||X|
Well-lighted, heated and/or air-conditioned indoor office/production setting with adequate ventilation.
|Wet or humid conditions (non-weather)||X|
|Work near moving mechanical parts||X|
|Work in high precarious places||X|
|Fumes or airborne practices||X|
|Toxic or caustic chemicals||X|
|Outdoor weather conditions||X|
|Extreme cold (non-weather)||X|
|Extreme heat (non-weather)||X|
|Risk of electrical shock||X|
|Work with explosives||X|
|Risk of radiation||X|
How much noise is typical for the work environment of this job?
Loud (examples: metal can manufacturing department, large earth-moving equipment)
Minimal overnight travel (up to 10%) by land and/or air.
Apply for this job online here.